• Archives

  • Blog Stats

    • 467 hits
  • Advertisements


Things not planned. ::sigh::

Jacob and I went to bed at midnight. I woke up at 1:30 with gallbladder pain. I instantly started to cry. I didn’t want to go through this again. I got up and tried the apple cider vinegar with apple juice and lemon juice. It didn’t taste as bad as I thought! I then threw up. Not much. I got on the internet again just to double check. Nothing different. I was just going to have to go through it again.

I was able to go until 3 without waking up Jacob. I wanted him to rub my back again, but I couldn’t stay in one place. The pain was different then the other times. I had a stabbing pain every.time.I took a breath. Even if I was breathing as shallow as I could.

At 4, I cried and asked Jacob to take me to the ER. I couldn’t stand it any more. He got Peter’s stuff ready and took the dog out. I walked sllllowly down the two flights of stairs and to the car. Jacob brought up the tail with Peter, who was still sleeping soundly. Jacob dropped me off at the door and I signed in. I thought it went really slow, but it probably didn’t. The longest wait for me was for the doctor to check me. I was given an IV. They tried in my arm, dug around, and apparently my veins flip or move. I have never given blood before or had an IV in my arm, so I didn’t know. The nurse then moved to my hand and got the IV in. She came told me that there were about 4 people in front of me and she was going to ask the doctor to gave me something to ‘take the edge off’. It took a little bit but she came back.

Drugs. Relief.

She said it would take the edge off, and it did. It backed the pain away from the crying sobbing 10, to a 6. It mostly hurt under my right rib. That quick shot lasted 20 minutes. I rang for the nurse, I wasn’t willing to be in pain anymore, I’m not going to lie. She said the doctor couldn’t give me anything without seeing me. I understood. The doctor came in 10 minutes later. He pushed around my stomach (NOT FUN) and agreed that it was gallbladder attack. I was given some pain meds again. Then he said that he was going to wait until 7 to order my ultrasound, because it would cost me less, and it would take them a half an hour to get in and it was worth the wait by that time.

Peter was a trooper the whole time. Jacob was a rock! I was able to close my eyes and rest. I may have slept, but not long or hard. Peter and Jacob went into the Family room that was right next to my room and watch cartoons. Jacob would come in with Peter every time someone would come in the room.

Jacob was mentally preparing himself for me having emergency surgery. I didn’t remotely care if I was going to have surgery or not. I felt done. If it had to happen, it had to happen.

The pain started to get more intense before I was to go to the ultrasound (it was around 8 am and the pain was about at an 8 too). I was given a different pain relief. And this almost took the pain away completely. I was worried about going to the ultrasound with the pain because I knew they would have to dig around to get pictures. So I was happy the pain was taken down to a 3. It also made me really hot! I asked for a fan and they gave me one, and a blanket.

I had Jacob and Peter stay and watch TV while I went down the the ultrasound. I was given a blood pressure cuff and an pulse ox. I was already in the hospital, no back gown and I think it was too much of a flashback to going into surgery with Peter for Jacob. He cried and said it a lot like the c-section. I told him to call his brother to come and get Peter. They got there right after I got back from the ultrasound, and Peter was sleeping.

Jacob told Peter outside and talked to his brother and sister in law. They were going to take Peter to breakfast and back to their house, and then just bring him back to our place at noon, if we were home.

We waited for the ultrasound results and I slept. A new doctor came in and told us that it was gall stones and that I needed to change my diet to low-fat food and nothing greasy or fried. I remember that I kept being asked what I had for supper and it was homemade chicken pot pie. I tried to think what else could have started the attack and the only thing I can think of was having three cookies that day. Darn those Keebler Elves!

I was really shaky and dizzy and sitting in the car and having the pain meds wearing off, I was starting to be in pain again. The longest attack to date! OUCH! Jacob helped me get up the stairs (all 26 of them) and I laid down, in my frog position, in front of the fan. He was going to run to the store and get my prescription of pain pills. I fell asleep hard in front of the fan with a blanket. I woke up to Jacob coming in the door. Poor guy. He forgot the prescription. I told him that the pain was mostly gone and we could get it later. I moved to the couch and went back to sleep.

Peter came back at Noon. Happy as a clam, but a little discombobulated. I told Stella (my SIL) that I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it to the BIG IMPORTANT event that was happening. I would call her by 2 to let her know.

I went back to sleep. I woke up and checked the time. Almost 2. I wanted to try to take a shower. I got up and instantly I had a bad headache, shaky, and thought I was going to throw up. I laid back down. Sorrowful, I texted Stella and told her I couldn’t make it. I was bummed out, but was still out enough that I couldn’t do anything.

I went back down to sleep in bed. Woke up around 3. Then at 4:40 we all laid down to watch “Flushed Away”. Jacob (who was up since three) was the first one to fall asleep. Peter was the next to go a couple minutes later. I followed as soon as I felt Peter fall asleep on me. We slept the whole movie!

Jacob and I talked about it and decided that I should fast and not eat anything to let me stomach have a break. Thankfully, I wasn’t hungry! And my stomach was so sore, I couldn’t eat anyway.

After Jacob and Peter ate, I went back to bed!! I was so tired! I was woken up a couple times to give kisses and to hold Peter’s hand while Jacob changed his diaper, but otherwise slept.

I woke up at 5:30 feeling refreshed and a little sore, but ready to take on the day. Peter was up and wanted to go eat. So I got breakfast around, ate some cereal, make food for the crock-pot, took a shower, and prepped lunch. Jacob woke up around 7:30. Peter had a poopy diaper and wanted Jacob to change him, not me. (I’m fine with that!) I ran some errands, came back, put things away.

THEN WENT BACK TO BED. I was so tired again. I was shaky again and hot. I woke up a little over an hour later. Jacob had to get ready for work. I get tired easily today, and will just try to pack one box. I am also waiting on Peter to take nap, so I can sleep too. 🙂



2 Responses

  1. […] one of the mom’s picked to talk about my breastfeeding journey! How exciting! How thrilling! How sick I was! I’m super sad I had to miss it, but still want to get the word out about […]

  2. […] then had bad gallbladder attacks. And a couple more attacks. To the point where I was scared to eat and be in the horrible pain again. I lost 13 pounds in two […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: